Monday, August 13, 2007

How AGmom_advocate blog started

AGmom_advocate started after contemplating writing about my journey as the mom of a young Assemblies of God missionary associate, Peter, who is site administrator at http://www.network211.com/ - the AGWM evangelism and discipling/mentoring internet ministry.

I have been keenly aware of the many potential changes/changes occurring in the Assemblies of God, both on the local level as our pastor of almost 20 years has transitioned to being the Oregon Superintendent, and the General Council changes. In late July-early August I learned of the http://www.futureag.blogspot.com/ and have followed the posts and comments as we all were caring about and praying for the elections and resolution decisions to be made at the Assemblies of God General Council, just held in Indianapolis, August 8-10. I found great kinship with the younger set sharing their passion and concerns. After the elections I also checked the site and found myself caring more and praying for those sharing their hearts, sometimes being open about their disappointment in some results. Then I rejoiced as our General Superintendent, George O. Wood, compassionately responded on the site and the outflowing of response to him has been awesome. To God be the glory!!

I am motivated to address concerns I have within the Assemblies of God fellowship of churches and any other issues in the Body of Christ that God directs me to focus on. As the founder and director of WalkAlongside Ministries, I realize sometimes being a 'walk alongside friend' includes being an advocate for others, which can be akin to the Holy Spirit as an advocate for our needs before the Lord. With this new awareness of blogspot.com it seems like an appropriate platform for me to blog from and I'm ready. Let the adventure begin!!

BTW, if you have an interest in my developing ministry web site that's at http://www.walkalongside.org/ My personal and photo blog is at www.xanga.com/walkalongside where I have been blogging for almost 3 years.

No comments: